If you’re reading this, thank you. I don’t know if I need to explain but I feel like I have to.
I’ve not been around for around 12 months, away from the blog, YouTube, Social media and I feel quite liberated having given myself a break.
I have had Leah XL as a blog (in various guises) since 2010 and have enjoyed the process of either reviewing something and giving my opinion or sharing how I feel to people who enjoy what I have to say.
You may have noticed that I have been on hiatus and I wanted to update you on what’s been happening.
- I started a new job. A job that I have done before but in a different sector and an hour away from home. The job is high pressured (which I really enjoy) and is deadline driven. I needed to focus my energy in this job to get to know the business and get settled in.
- Claire, my wife, had a serious change in her health. One morning she woke up and fell to the floor. She was signed off for two months and the final diagnosis was prolapsed discs in her back, one of which is pushing on to the sciatic nerve causing not only pain but debilitating numbness.
- Rupert (our dog) diagnosed with early stage kidney failure (don’t worry – it’s controlled very well by diet and he will live forever)
- A very busy time at work, many late nights and time away from home
- Due to the health issues Claire changes jobs from an industry she has been in since leaving university. An easier job but with less money
- Claire and I start an online retail business to help subsidise the gap in earnings.
- My mum, who is on dialysis because of Kidney failure, has been taken off the donor list due to some other issues. Lots of worry and stress
- Mum given diagnosis that heart isn’t working well and will need an operation
- No operation date yet, many delays in the pre-op prepping and procedures.
- Claire and I decide to join Weight Watchers to help with taking the pressure off her back.
And here we are in September.
These aren’t excuses but I am in a good place (although there is still stuff happening with mum) but I needed the break. Not only from my blog but also from social media and YouTube.
I thought I could maybe turn my blog in to a full time business but I actually think there is warrant in me doing this as a release, as a hobby, as a place for me to take to when I need to. Mainly as I already work in a high pressured environment, why make my blog somewhere high pressure too?
I also fell out of love with Makeup. I have sold so much and decluttered it out of my life (don’t get me wrong there is still so much) but I needed to reevaluate the balance of buying makeup that wasn’t being used for review purposes and saving money as a family. Of course my family comes first.
So what’s next?
I am coming back. I am coming back with a blog that is more personal. Less review focused and is thoughtful and eclectic.
I want to talk about married life, owning a gorgeous pup, making lifestyle changes, health in general, family, work and all the things inbetween.
Leah XL Youtube:
This is being shut down. I know, I know. It’s got a good following but it’s no longer who I am. Fear not though – I still do some live videos on a new channel to do with Ebay (not massively regular but some times) so if you want to find it and learn more about our business then please check it out here.
- Instagram – I have changed this back to a personal account. I don’t need it to be business and I am just not great at a stylised, perfectly lit feed. I can’t do it. It’s not natural to me. Instead it will be filled with fun things and life.
- Twitter – Used for interactions but not as frequently as I used to and not promoting every single post constantly. I want it to be organic not mechanic.
- Facebook – I know it seems outdated but I still use facebook and I will continue to post my posts to there. It’s a great place that people still use so I will carry on.
- Snapchat – Not happening – It just drains my battery. I just can’t. (ANYONE ELSE?)
- Others – Any others that have surpassed my 37 year old brain will just fall in to the metaphoric Social Media bin.
I see this post as a new start. A turning point in my life and there will definitely be some changes happening (good and bad) during the course of my time writing.
If you have any questions please comment below. If you want to know more and want me to do future posts about general life updates then again, comment below.
My email, twitter inbox and facebook messenger is always open so please get in touch if you want to chat.