10 achievable tasks, yes, it’s that time of year again!
If you have been with me for a while you’ll know that I have never set myself a new years resolution. Instead I set myself 10 achievable tasks that I can do throughout the year. If I manage to complete 7 I really feel like I have had a successful year.
I honestly can’t remember where this originated. I think I saw someone on TV when I was a teen talk about this. Late teen I think because I remember always carrying around my written list in my purse. One time someone got hold of my list and shared it with everyone and I was mortified but now I gladly share it because I think it’s realistic and relatable.
I actually didn’t do one last year due to the difficult time we had after Mum passed away which was the first time in a long time so I can’t really look back so this is almost a start over list.
The achievable list
- Visit a new place in the UK – I love to explore this country. Whether that be a random road trip ending anywhere or a planned visit I have a deep love for our beautiful country and countryside so this is usually on my list.
- Do 4 ASMR (Whisper) videos on my channel – last year I whispered in my vlogs so as not to wake Claire and they had a very positive response. I thought it would bring a different audience and if it goes well I might take it on to a whole new channel.
- See 3 theatre productions – I am really enjoying going to the theatre (musicals mainly) and I get really inspired when I go. I’ve cheated with this one a little as we already have two booked before May so it’s highly possible we would be able to find a third.
- Read / Listen to 4 books – This is always on my list, every year, I love reading and love getting lost in books but I am never not doing anything enough to just ‘read’. I have this on the list to make sure I at least try to read throughout the year. I have the new Dawn O’ Porter book So Lucky to read from my Mother-In-Law for Christmas so I am excited to get stuck in to that.
- De-clutter my wardrobe – I have items I have not worn for over 12 months, they have to go. I will either donate them to a charity shop or sell them on. I would like to minimise my wardrobe as much as I can. Ready for the new year and the new items I will be essentially wearing.
- Cook 1 veggie dish a week – I love vegetables and I want to try my bit to reduce the amount of meat we eat but also try to be creative with new dishes. Would be good to find one we like as much as I normal meals and get’s put in to the meal rotation.
- Make / Save £1000 – This is always on my list. Again, I obviously have my work earnings but I would like to put £1000 away in an account from various revenue streams and savings. I have the save the pennies option on my account which rounds up money to the nearest pound when you spend on your card and then you don’t notice it. It really builds up quickly.
- Make my bed every morning – an easy one but a great one. I managed to get in to this habit over the last two years having this on my list but it’s still one I truly believe is a great way to start your day. If you spend 2 minutes in the morning just making the bed the rest of the day is already a success as you have started as you mean to go on. And getting in to a made bed is just lovely.
- Develop one relationship with a brand – I haven’t really reached out to brands before. I half expected to be rejected at every turn but I have realised that there is definitely something to be said for at least initiating a conversation with a brand you love. My ideal brand to work with would be Next Home. I would honestly kit my whole house out in next if I could. I love the styles they come out with. I spoke with their PR at the back end of the year and we promised to update each other in the new year. I would also love to work with Chatsworth House in the new year. I honestly love that place and would be so happy if I did some work with them in the future.
- And finally, complete Couch 2 5K – I got to week 5 of the ten week programme last year and I LOVED it. But then we moved and I had about 3 months of a terrible chest and it just fell to the wayside. I feel much better now so starting in the new year I want to complete this app and really build my fitness up. I want to prove you can be fat and fit, to myself and to others.
So there you have it. The 10 achievable tasks in all their glory.
Have you set yourself any goals, achievable tasks or resolutions?
Please let me know in the comments.