I have been picking up my Burning Embers palette (£8.00) up every time I haven’t been sure what look to go for and I have been playing with it so much.
About a month ago I found it at Superdrug (it feels like it was out of stock for ages!) and I was so happy to finally have it in my possession.
This palette holds 25 shadows, 12 of which are matte shadows and the rest are shimmers / metallics / duochrome shadows.
I haven’t any other MUA palettes in my collection as I have swatched a few in store and haven’t been majorly impressed by the quality….till now.
This also felt like a real springtime palette – all picks and rosey tones.
What can I tell you about this palette:
- The consistency of the powders varies with the mattes being quite powdery and the metallics are almost wet.
- The shades are pretty unique. There is a white duochrome pinky/purple which you can only really use on top of other shadows to change up.
- It’s not like your normal warm palettes with there being reddy pinks rather than burnt oranges.
- Although it’s a small price it is actually rather good quality
- On top of primer these last all day (although on me most shadows last all day on primer)
As you can see the quality is there for sure.
I used a black shadow stick on my lids and the duochrome on top and it created such a beautiful look. I also used the shadow on my lips which is lovely for making a different sort of ombre lip.
Have you tried this palette from MUA yet?
Are there any looks you think you would create with this?
Any MUA palettes you would recommend? Having tried this I really love the shadows and would be tempted to try another one.